As many of you are aware, MPs, under the direction of the unholy alliance of Justin Trudeau and Jagmeet Singh, passed the Emergencies Act on February 21, 2022.
I ask you where is the emergency?
What is the reason for the state requiring the ability to freeze your assets in order to combat said emergency?
There is no emergency. There is no reason for this unfettered power grab.
CALL TO ACTION:
Email the following points to the list of Senators noted below:
EMAIL SUBJECT LINE: Vote no on the implementation of the Emergencies Act
I am urging you to vote no on the implementation of the Emergencies Act for the following reasons:
1. Section 3 of the Emergencies Act spells out the circumstances under which it may be invoked. These are:
a. A national emergency that seriously endangers the lives, health or safety of Canadians and is of such proportions or nature as to exceed the capacity or authority of a province to deal with it, or
b. A national emergency that seriously threatens the ability of the Government of Canada to preserve the sovereignty, security, and territorial integrity of Canada.
Neither of these conditions are met.
2. Accusations of widespread intimidation and violence on the part of convoy participants, or of racist or homophobic behaviour, are utterly false. They were first made by Mr. Trudeau and other government leaders to marginalize and vilify convoy participants and have since been repeated by so-called journalists who simply repackage what they have read from other sources without verifying the facts for themselves.
3. The Freedom Convoy has been both very peaceful and cooperative, with a dramatic decrease in crime rates in Ottawa since the Convoy arrived, and no acts of violence ascribable to any of the Ottawa Convoy participants and having complied with numerous requests made of the Convoy to address concerns raised by the citizens of Ottawa.
4. The Canadian Charter of Right and Freedoms guarantees “Fundamental Freedoms” including “freedom of peaceful assembly; and freedom of association” (Section 2 of the Constitution).
5. The issue before Canadians is no longer just one of eliminating COVID-related restrictions (as important as that is). By invoking the federal Emergencies Act in the complete absence of any reasonable justification, Justin Trudeau is setting a dangerous precedent that threatens the right of all Canadians to peaceful assembly and association/ protest.
Please include your name and address (with postal code) in your email.
Contact info for Senators:
Important Links for Further Info:
Call to Action info: https://tbof.ca/emergency-call-to-action/
Senator contact info: https://sencanada.ca/en/contact-information/
Senate activities: https://sencanada.ca/en/in-the-chamber/